CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Participation in research project “sanctuary cities as emerging borders”
The CONACYT-SEP-El Colef Research Project “Sanctuary Cities as Emerging Borders: Transnational Dynamics and Lived Spaces of Undocumented Mexicans in the United States” (2018-2022) is currently inviting applications from individuals in Dallas-Fort Worth to participate in conducting surveys as part of the quantitative research for the project (working language will be Spanish).
We are looking for bilingual individuals to participate for an estimated total of 44 hours during which we will be carrying out surveys with Mexican migrants in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. The surveys will be uploaded to an online platform and administered using the participant’s own smart phone.
• Smart phone
• Bank account
• Proof of vaccination against COVID-19
• University student or prior experience
• 40 hours of work + 4 hours of paid training sessions
• 25$ to cover cell phone data charges
• Minimum of 40 completed surveys
• Application Deadline: June 22nd
• Interviews: June 23rd – 24th
• Notification of Results: June 24th*
• Survey Period: June 27th – August 15th
Applications will consist of a brief cover letter in Spanish and a CV (English or Spanish) that must be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 22 June 2022.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to a virtual interview. Payment will be made by international bank transfer once the questionnaires have been completed. Questions may be directed to Benjamin Bruce at El Colegio de la Frontera Norte (El Colef) (email@example.com).
* Only those selected will be contacted.